Watering bags are basically single-use plastics. One nip with the string trimmer and they go straight to the dump!
Urban Tree Care Simplified:
- Composed of 30% to 100% recycled plastic depending on desired colours.
- Can be 100% recycled up to 12 times through our in-house recycling assurance network. That’s over 144 years of closed-loop plastic life.
- Has a 12+ year life expectancy.
- 30% more affordable than watering bags over the life of the products.
- Save up to 50% on watering labour contracts to deliver the same volume of water compared to watering bags.
- Is NOT a limited-use plastic like watering bags.
- 3 products in 1: Weed Mat, Trunk Guard, and a Watering Device.
- Accommodates up to a 7-inch diameter trunk.
- The esthetically pleasing design resembles a mulch mound.
- 70% larger water capacity than typical water bags resulting in fewer annual site visits.
“Nearly twice the water with improved delivery efficiencies equals half the fillings. This benefit alone produces substantial savings to offset the initial investment in this system for municipalities.”
- Won’t compact vulnerable tree root balls like watering bags.
- Improves watering efficiency with simplified filling and delivery to the perimeter of tree roots.
- Attached to the soil, not the tree. Won’t pull on trees planted on slopes due to its completely independent design.
- Elevated bottom contour improves trunk and soil surface airflow through side vents and leaf/debris guard around the trunk.
- Can deepwater nutritional supplements and wetting agents through the fill port baskets when required.
- Disperses cool water over a 5 hour period.
- The clog-free design prevents Sun heated water from stressing roots.
- One-time installation- No seasonal on-off requirements.
- Designed to live in-field- 365, and be moved to a new tree every 3 – 5 years.
- Rugged design materials withstand even the harshest environmental conditions.
- Durable HDPE (think Gas can) construction will stand up to string trimmers and zero-turn mowers.
- Improves overall landscape maintenance efficiency.
- The novel design allows for nesting during shipping for improved logistics.
- Snap lock design is tamper and theft-resistant.
- Canadian developed, Canadian Made, North American Sourced, Patent pending.
Other Problems with Watering Bags
One other major problem with watering bags besides compacting the sensitive basal area of young trees is that when they roll and clog, the entire water weight pulls and hangs on the tree trunk. Because trees store a good portion of energy for next year’s growth during the current year, these types of stress damage usually don’t show up until the following season. Minimizing stress events for newly planted trees will help to reduce irregular growth and pruning and maintenance costs down the line. Just one more reason the Mother Tree nurturing device is a better choice for urban tree care.